News & Events
COVID-19 has limited the number and variety of events we are able to safely organize. Typically, we host many different events highlighting our organization, our donors, and most importantly – our clients! Check back here for updates!
What’s next: Giving Tuesday is happening on November 29th!
Every year, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving is known as Giving Tuesday. This Global Day of Generosity is a wonderful opportunity to show your favorite nonprofits that you care about their work. You can support them in many ways, such as donating, volunteering, spreading the news, and even simply liking and sharing their posts on social media. You can help support Alpha today and together we can achieve our mission of enabling those we support to live their best lives possible!
You can donate now at www.alphasls.org/donate
Fund-A-Need is also a great way you make an impact!
What’s happened: Thank You!
Giving Through Song 2022 was a success!
Thank you so much for everyone who attended GTS 2022 last Saturday! We are so grateful for the generosity from the guests that attended our first in-person event since 2019. Thank you to the sponsors, board members, staff and volunteers that made it possible. From the heartfelt story that Alpha client – Bella and her family told of her journey to living independently – to the outpouring of support of all that attended. Thank You! So many of you got in the spirit of the Roaring Twenties and made the night even more special. Check out the fun photobooth pics here https://alphasls.ejoinme.org/photos
If you didn’t have the opportunity to attend, you can still help us reach our goal of $100,000! Click her to contribute to the important work Alpha does for our community. https://alphasls.ejoinme.org/donate
Alpha In The News
We’re in the news! With exciting projects and activities coming in the future, this is a great place to check for recent news coverage about Alpha Supported Living Services. Have you seen us in the news recently? Contact us and let us know!
Raising Wages for Direct Support Professionals
- Tri-City Herald, February 28, 2022: Caring for human beings should pay better. WA lawmakers must increase Medicaid investment
- The Spokesman Review, February 27, 2022: Cristyl Taylor: Better wages would be a boon to clients and caregivers
- The Seattle Times, February 25, 2022: We’re caregivers and a state Medicaid raise is overdue given the people we help
- Everett Daily Herald, February 22, 2022: Those caring for disabled need better compensation
- Yakima Daily Herald, February 20, 2022: Guest column: Legislature should invest in Supported Living
192 Shoreline Project
- Puget Sound Business Journal, March 19, 2022: Amazon grants $15M loan to help develop 250 units of affordable housing in Shoreline
- Puget Sound Business Journal, May 25, 2021: Intracorp closes deal on Shoreline development site
- Shoreline Area News, May 17, 2021: New development brings affordable housing options to Shoreline – the 192 Shoreline Apartments
- Multi-Housing News, May 10, 2021: TWG to Develop 2 Affordable Properties in Seattle
- Affordable Housing Finance, May 10, 2021: TWG Enters Seattle Market With Two New Affordable Housing Projects
- Puget Sound Business Journal, May 3, 2021: Developer enters Puget Sound market with plans for 2 apartment projects
- Boeing, June 9, 2021: More than $2 million in Boeing ECF grants provided to 37 nonprofits throughout Washington